Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A note from Mom

OK. Mom here. In spite of all you hear about how everybody in Europe hates us and is rude to Americans, we have found people to be quite friendly and helpful. Oh, there have been a few clerks who've obviously had a bad day, but on the whole we have enjoyed those we have encountered both in Paris and London. And the Swiss couldn't be nicer. Jean-Pierre (who owns the house Jessica lives in) is a dear man.

Since our favorite fallafel place in Salem closed, we have yearned for some decent fallafel. We found it in Paris. We had a couple of hours between trains on the return to Neuchatel, so we made a beeline for L'as du Fallafel. Oh, my....so-o-o-o yummy!

Jessica has been a great navigator. Despite being humbled by the Versailles fiasco, she has led us through a myriad of underground trains both in Paris & London. The Metro in Paris is a piece of work to figure out! In addition to conquering the underground transportation systems and buses, she was able to get us where we were going on foot. A map of Paris is helpful, but I can tell you that I'd still be sitting on some bench somewhere under a tree if it had been up to me to read it.

Signing out..........Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica and Beverly (my good niece and MY good sistah!) I've never responded to a blog before but at 66 maybe I should get to it. I wrote something like that and then it disappeared, so a ghost beginning may appear somewhere. Have been writing to you in my mind ever sice you began this adventure, Jessica--didn't you get any of them? I shouted a response to your comment about European feelings about Americans. I felt that when I worked in Europe over 40 years ago. I found many nice people, most of whom thought I was Canadian.
Bev, I''m thrilled you're having such a good time. Not only is Jessica a good guide and translator, you are great luck. You avoid the flooding in Switzerland, the heavy rains in England AND get your camera back. I'm loving all the pictures--you look so young! Call me when you get home. Love, Jo

Anonymous said...

Enough of Mom already! Where's the news about Thailand?