Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Swiss Husband saga continues...

Wasn't I surprised this morning to read our branch newsletter (sent to around 50 members) and find this amazing advertisement for my Swiss man! Our personnel advisor Katherine is hilarious and I always enjoy her newsletters, but this was the ultimate. She also happens to be an American married to a Swiss, so maybe the subject was just so near and dear to her heart that she couldn't resist.



As CAG's P.A., I certainly do care.
In need of forms, counsel or prayer? I'm there!
It came to my attention, what I'll now share.
This is serious. Scout's honor. I swear.

To serve in Africa, it was first nécessaire
For our dear Jessica to learn French, in a land bright and fair.
The cheese and chocolate made her heart sing.
But she was simply taken with the yodeling. :-)

French study complete, Jess was Africa bound.
But oh, so hard it was to leave this oasis she'd found.
She thought and thought - and finally - a plan...
To remain linked to Switzerland, marry a Swiss man!

Here are the criteria for this lucky bloke:
Christian. German-speaking. Alp horn player. (No joke.)
Desire to live in Africa is also key;
For the other qualifications, you can email me.

Attached is a photo to send to your friends.
If we all work together, maybe by year's end,
Our dear Jessica will have found her mate.
And CAG can help plan the wedding - July 4, 2008.

My request ends here - I've got to take flight.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. :-)

9 comments:

D.J. Skull-Fog said...

A wise man once told me something about burning with passion, and better off umarried... food for thought?

-erick

Linguistica said...

Uh, I believe that wise man is Paul the Apostle and though he's got a lot of great things to say about the value of being single (of which I can testify to the truth) he admits that it is "better to marry than to burn with passion."

D.J. Skull-Fog said...

Yup, I also heard something about "a hunk a hunk of burning love" somewhere, heh.

cheers,
-erick

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll let me know how that works out for you...and if you happen to get multiple offers, you know where you can send the leftovers. :)

Anonymous said...

So so funny!! You've got a really good sense of humor about it too, Jess. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi. I know I don't know you personally, but don't worry! I was browsing through a few sites in which would happen to help me learn a bit more of the Lingala language. And, your church popped up on the screen. So, your missionary story is very interesting to me. As you should know, my pastor spent five years in Kinshasa. He himself knows Lingala fluently. Thank you so much for your time! :-) Please don't delete this! I'm 16 years old.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate this post Jessica! You make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

This is Hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

I play a mean Alp horn