Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanksgiving

 I celebrated Thanksgiving last week with my teammates Byron and Annette and colleagues Elizabeth and Gabrielle.
 Thanks to Elizabeth's family's visit in September, we actually had canned pumpkind, cranberry sauce, stuffing, and decorations! All we lacked was the turkey, but I made some very tasty chicken if I do say so myself!
 This looks pretty traditional don't you think?! It was amazing to pull it off in Congo! The holiday felt rather artificial, though, since everyone else was at work and it was hot outside.
 British Gabrielle and Swiss Sabine said it was the best pumpkin pie they'd ever had! I thought it was very pretty. We even got some whipping cream at the supermarket! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a Thanksgiving well done. So what's the difference between a team member and a colleague? Neither of them really seem like words I would ever use.

Linguistica said...

Yeah, that was a little vague, sorry about that: my teammates are those on my survey team, my colleagues are other SIL members who I work with (or I suppose pretty much any SIL member is a colleague--including you, Angi!)

Anonymous said...

Mbote! Sango nini? I would love for us to get to know each other a bit better if you wouldn't mind. Here is my e-mail address: rekahbekah@verizon.net. Feel free to contact me whenever! :-) I truly appreciate your serivice to the Lord! Nakeyi!