Saturday, October 01, 2005

In Loving Memory

It's the one year anniversary of Paddington's parting. I can't hardly believe so much time has already passed. I was touched that my sister remembered the date (she was the unlucky one who had to call and tell me the news) and it was great to get a Catholic Greetings e-card from my mom (see below).

I don't think anything in my life will ever be as sentimental to me as that little dog. He really embodies my childhood. Some of my best times were training him at 4-H and competing at the Marion County Fair. Christmas just wasn't the same last year when I couldn't get out his stocking and watch for him to find it; he always knew which one was his! And going to the beach isn't nearly as exciting without Paddington getting so excited to get in the car that he can hardly breathe. Now there's no one who snuggles up to me when I'm sad and licks the salty tears off my face. OK, that might sound really gross but it made me cry to think of it!

Oh, Paddington! If dogs go to heaven I hope that you will still belong to me when I get there. It would be cool if in heaven he could be like my superhero sidekick. He'd wear a little spandex suit and a black mask. And he could talk to me and we'd fly around together. Oh, I miss my little dog!

No comments: