Saturday, October 15, 2005

Cliff Hanger

"My life is definitely way cooler than I am." That's what I said as I made my way along the edge of the cliff, trusting that the cable I was connected to would keep me from plunging into the valley below should I lose my balance. Today was my first time at a "via ferrata," (which means something like "iron way" in Italian). It's a type of climbing where you make your way along the edge of a cliff that's been marked out for such a purpose. A cable runs all the way along, and at the difficult parts there are bars to hold on to or step on. Very, very fun...for me at least. You can check out the photos and see if you would have attempted the climb! I had the extra motivation of wanting to live out to the fullest my last weeks in Switzerland. Perhaps my family will look at these photos and just hope I live it out at all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so totally green with envy. Honestly, I'd be talking like Nathan on the inside, but there's no way in the world I'd pass up that kind of opportunity. Very cool...

Anonymous said...

Thinking back to some of your early blogs from Switzerland, it is awesome to see how you have adapted to this new culture and wrapped your heart and mind (not to mention life and limb) around the Swiss experience.