Monday, March 03, 2008

my apologies

So my blogging has been PATHETIC lately. Perhaps a reflection on my life? Nah. At the end of the day I just don't feel like sitting at my computer. And the interesting things in my life are complicated, so then I just write about my cat. Sorry. So here's a little spicy synopsis of the last few weeks:

Two good friends proposed to me. I said no.

The guy I like told me about the girl he is interested in. Awesome.

I preached in French with a Lingala interpreter last Sunday. Very cool!

My team interviewed 5 pastors for our study on language and Scripture use. We were given cokes, avocados, and cash, even though they were the ones doing work for us. Score! We really enjoyed meeting these people and are excited about the project. Yay Jesus!

My gospel choir is revolutionized by our new director. We work really hard at rehearsals and I have a big solo that's really stretching me to improve. So fun!

I'm leaving for 5 weeks starting Friday. 3 weeks in Kenya for a conference and 2 weeks vacation in Ethiopia. Hallelujah!! Stoked to travel with my super cool teammates Dana and Heather. Life is a blast. It's hilarious to be white in Africa and we don't miss a single occasion to laugh about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear life is going well for you! Enjoy your trips!

D.J. Skull-Fog said...

Two good friends, eh? Hot commodity.
-erick

preacherman said...

I want you to know that I really enjoy reading your blog. I think it is great and look forward to reading more in the future. I want to encourage you not to give up but to keep up the excellent posts.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry
God's blessing on you sister!

johne nomad said...

Only two proposals in the past few weeks? Jessica, you're losing your touch!

Have a great time in East Africa.