Monday, July 23, 2007

Napoleon Sighting


Sweet! I finally feel justified in my claim to fame as coming from the same home town and high school as Jon Heder (aka Napoleon Dynamite). My sister, nephew, neice and I were driving to the Salem Art Fair. As we passed my old high school I noticed 4 cool looking dudes walking down the street with cameras around their necks. I said, "Hey, one of those guys looked like Napoleon Dynamite!" We couldn't find parking so we came back around the block and drove right by the men again. Cathie Jo was like, "Get a good look this time!" She slowed slightly and as I stared out the window, Nappy D himself turned and looked at me. It was a beautiful moment. I have no idea why, but we were very excited about it the rest of the day. Yeah, I know I'm cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha, nice, it is a big Salem claim to fame. Remember I was on swim team with him and his twin. He also would do a comic in our school paper. -Steph

johne nomad said...

uh... luckeeeeeee. :)

simon said...

well written, affectionate, and interesting blog.
i'm swiss, and i have noticed that we share the interest in this country.

if you ever get the chance, come visit me

best,

Simon

my blog is http://nastypredator.blogspot.com (not as menacing as it sounds :-) )