Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Nostalgia

Let's have a moment of remembering together what my life was like at this time last year and read a blog archive. That first picture of the vineyard is my desktop wallpaper right now. It's almost painful remembering these beautiful days in Switzerland. But not so painful considering that I'm GOING ON VACATION IN SWITZERLAND IN 2 WEEKS!!!! Yeah, I'm pretty much stoked.

I would just like to thank my friends Missy and Amber for the role they unwittingly played in the planning of this vacation. I got two postcards of Switzerland from these ladies on the same day. I was like "Ha, ha, I should pretend like this is a sign from God that I should go back to Switzerland." But then a few days later my mom called and asked "Why do I keep thinking about you and Switzerland? Are you supposed to go back there?" I was like, "Uh, sure, I'll look into it." From there everything just fell into place and on the 23rd I'll be hopping on a plane to visit my home away from home! And there was much rejoicing! I love you Missy and Amber and Mom!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I go too?

Boston Blogger said...

If you only knew the story behind that postcard. Apparently the concept of sending a postcard to the Congo completely baffled the Suisse people I was with in Switzerland. I kept trying to explain that if you can send a postcard from there to the US, it shouldn't take anymore postage to go to the Congo, but it took us a while to get the whole thing sorted out. But I'm glad we did and I'm glad I was able to help you, in some way, head on a fantastic journey to eat amazing chocolate...I mean, to see a beautiful country! Love you too!