Monday, July 17, 2006


Someone gave us a big bag of peanuts, a common crop here. So we had the brilliant idea of making our own peanut butter. First they had to be cleaned. Then roasted over a coal fire. Then the skins had to be removed. Finally they were ready to be taken to the lady with the grinder. It cost just a little for the coal and the grinding, but we called it our $40 PB after we calculated the man-hours it took to make! I have a new appreciation for JIF :o) Later we decided to just buy it at the market from the ladies who sell it out of big bowls. You get a pretty good sized lump for $1 and they wrap it in a banana leaf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny! You're having so many great adventures, Jess! I wish I could come visit you. Write me at my new email address: mindy.williamson@gmail.com.
My co-worker, Donna, says, "Hi!" She says that even though you don't know her, she's thinking about you and praying for you, because you need all the prayer you can get being a missionary in Africa!
Love ya sis,
Mindy