Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Vacances d'Ascension

Hello! I don't have time to write much BECAUSE I'M LEAVING FOR VENICE IN THE MORNING!! Yes I will be gone until Monday on an all-expense-paid trip to Italy! I'm going with my new friend Marceline and her 26 year old son and his girlfriend. Marceline is wheelchair bound, so she invited me along to help care for her. In many ways this trip will be a new experience for me!

For the moment I just want to post the pictures from last weekend. We had two days off of school for Ascension and since Marian has a car we took advantage of the time to see a bit of the surrounding region.

On Thursday I went to La Chaux-de-Fonds with Greta and Marian to visit the Musee d'horlogerie (clock-making). On Friday Marian and I visited 3 little villages: Echard, Le Landeron, and La Neuville. It was fascinating how in a 20 minute walk you can arrive somewhere that speaks a completely different language! (We were on the border between the French and German speaking regions). On Saturday Marian and I went to Fribourg, one of the larger cities in the area.

No comments: