Monday, May 30, 2005

Ne t'inquiete pas!

aka: Don't get your panties in a wad!

So after receiving rather distressed emails from both my mother and my sister over the use of the word "savage," I must clarify. In French this word is used quite often, for several different meanings. Ex: Noisy children are called "petits sauvages." A savage is also just someone who is lively. If you know me you know "lively" is often an apt description! A third meaning of the word savage is authoritarian. There you have it, the uses of "savage" in French. No need to take up offense on my behalf!

Also a defense for the Swiss...well, what I wrote still stands...but remember that this blog is only 2 dimensional (1 dimensional? Ach, took geometry like 10 years ago). What I write must be taken with a grain of salt. The Swiss are great people! I've experienced wonderful hospitality. I've eaten amazing cuisine. This is a beautiful country.

OK, that's all.

No comments: