Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Hints from Jello-Weez

I’m starting a new column on my blog as a spoof off of the famous Heloise. I’m no domestic goddess, but I’m learning, and living here in Congo sometimes forces me to come up with creative solutions to things. Plus a lot of the missionary women around me are truly homemaking geniuses, so I have no shortage of hints to share. Hope you enjoy it and find something helpful from time to time.


Hint #1 Yummy snack (and it’s gluten and dairy free!)
I just wanted to share with you my new favorite snack. I started eating it a couple of months ago, but now it's especially dear to me because I’m doing a gluten and dairy free diet to try to get rid of my eczema. I call it my Peanut Butter Banana Boat. Ingredients: one banana, spread with peanut butter, topped with chocolate chips. So cute and yummy, no? It’s only unfortunate that I have a limited supply of American PB and Choc chips. But bananas are cheap and plentiful here in central Africa!

2 comments:

Paul said...

They can't grind or pound peanuts into peanut butter where you are?

Paul

Linguistica said...

Yes, there is natural PB at the market, but I don't trust it for eating raw, I just use it in sauces. I could have a friend make some for me, but I've never gotten into that. It's great for cooking with but plain it's pretty dry.