Thursday, June 05, 2008

life mottos

So I've made a new hobby of creating personal life mottos the past couple months. They take on a sort of informal vow-like quality for me...

"Everything is better with basil." So true. With basil sold at the market for about 25 cents I've decided I should put it on and in pretty much everything I eat. And don't forget the fresh pesto!

"Never drink Nescafe." After all the great espresso in Kenya and Ethiopia, I've sworn off the stuff at our coffee breaks at the office. Why do I drink something I don't even like? No, friends don't let friends drink instant.

"Don't bother posting videos." (not really a life motto, but I need to vent) OK, so 5 stinkin' days ago I posted 3 clips. This was like a technological miracle. Where's the love? Granted, they weren't fantastic, but I was so excited to finally share my choir with everyone and what do I get? Silence. See if I post any more videos!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. I will say something. I loved the cat video :) It was so cute!!!

johne nomad said...

LOL - Jessica, you crack me up :). No, friends don't let friends drink Nescafe. Have you considered an intervention at coffee break? They won't like it at first, but I'm sure that someday they'll understand ;-).

Anonymous said...

Ok-so I watched. Does that count for something? Are you counting the days yet?
And since you won't post this I will for you...
Jessica: "Hey everyone! My girl Carrie is coming all the way over here to visit me this summer!! I can't wait!!! She's the absolute coolest!!!! And she's going to bring me some pine nuts for my pesto. What a gal. Oh-and did I mention she's hot? And single?"