Sunday, February 10, 2008

TV Star

The aweseome opportunities I have here in Congo never cease to amaze me. So now not only am I a rock star in Congo, I'm also a television star! My fame may be somewhat fleeting, but who's complaining? Last week my choir was interviewed for a local program called "La Musique du Ciel" ("Heavenly Music"). We all sat inside a music recording studio with the vibrant host of the show who made flamboyant commentary in Lingala (and I was pleased to actually understand most of it!). A bright light was directed on us as the camera man panned around the room, getting some close ups of me since I was in the front row! Thankfully I didn’t have to say anything because just 4 members were selected to respond to the questions. Between questions we sang some of our songs.

Yes, I'm a TV Star

The TV host is sitting on the stool on the right.

5 comments:

johne nomad said...

Excellent! There are no limits to your fame :).

Somehow I feel obligated to rate the seated gentlemen on their poses. The guy on the left has photo poses down to a science - hand beside his face, disinterested, yet cool. The guy in the middle really needs to work on his pose - smiling & hiding his face - low score for him! And on the right isn't bad, but he's looking at the camera which makes him look interested in the photo - so one point off.

Peas on Earth said...

Hello Jessica! I was just checking out other blogs that listed "Wycliffe" as an interest and thought I would say hello! I look forward to reading more of your blog!! :-) How long have you been in the Congo? Very cool! I love, love, love Africa, but looks like God is calling us elsewhere, at least for now. I am sure he will cause me to love, love, love it there, too, though! :-)

Nice to "meet" you!
Sharon

Linguistica said...

LOL! We should see what we can do about getting Congolese photography its own category in some kind of art or modeling competition. John, you can be on the judging panel--very astute observations!

Peas on Earth said...

Hi! Good to hear from you! We are not sure when we will go. MDOC comes first (August - December) and then whenever God has our PD finished. We are very hopeful, prayerful that God will provide the PD necessary for us to do MDOC this year. :-) Thanks for asking!

anna murch said...

You're a pretty big deal. People know you.