Monday, May 15, 2006

Le Blog Déjà Vu

OK, so for those of you who have been faithfully reading my blog for awhile, you have to check this out, it’s hilarious. A girl in my organization is studying French in Switzerland now and her blog is like déjà vue! (Hi Angi! Yes I'm writing about you) She was living in my apartment and eating Jean-Pierre’s food (now she’s living somewhere else), she’s hanging out with my friends, eating cheese, talking about how expensive the restaurants are, not able to speak Spanish without French coming out, getting inspired by the outdoor beauty, going to my school and my church. It’s kind of freaky actually. Check it out: http://tencentangi.blogspot.com/

It was just another thing to make me reminisce about my time in Europe. I wrote this last week: I don’t think I realized how good I had it in Neuchâtel! I’ve been looking at some pics, marveling that I lived in such a beautiful place and got to do so many cool things and met so many wonderful people. I’ve been in ecstasy thinking about the things I ate, especially the way I got to eat chez Jean-Pierre on a regular basis. Not that I’m not experiencing interesting things here or being poorly fed, but I’m coming to a new appreciation of how magical my sojourn in Europe was.

Good times. I was in a hurry to move on with my life, but now I'm realizing I'd love to go back, at least for a visit.

2 comments:

angi said...

HAHA, oh that made me laugh. You know, I remember reading your blog before I left, so I knew what I was getting into, and it was cool, but the things didn't mean a whole lot to me. Then after I was here a month or two, I went back to the beginning of your blog and realized I knew all of those people and that I took all the same pictures and had many of the same experiences.
Yes, those are all your friends, and Lionel is in several pictures.
I know I have it good here, and I'm enjoying it, but I almost think it's too good. It's too pretty and clean to be normal, and so will therefore be getting kind of boring pretty soon, I think. I'm trying hard to enjoy it while I'm here, all the while knowing I have to leave at some point.
p.s. I chose the design of my blog before I ever saw yours, but I'm sure that adds to the deja-vu-ness of it.

Missy said...

I miss Jean Pierre as well! :) And it most certainly was a magical place!