Sunday, December 18, 2005

Funny Stuff

Here's a few funny things people have said lately:

While I was helping my sister with her dreads the other day my 4 year old nephew was bouncing around and he said, "Hey guys! How 'bout some back-combing?! B is for back-combing."

Last week my mom was questioning our Nicaraguan guest about what kind of milk he'd like her to buy. Skim? 1%? 2%? He asked, "Is there anywhere we can just get 100% of milk?"

The other night my mom was searching for something in her purse. Besides the usual assortment of receipts and wadded up kleenixes, she pulled out a persimmon and set it on the table. A persimmon! Her explanation? "I picked it up off the ground because I wanted to know what it tasted like." Mmmmm...

My mom keeps telling me that country music isn't depressing like some people say but is actually hysterically funny. So I tuned my car radio in the other night and sure enough a song came on called "She thinks my tractor's sexy." The lyrics include lines like "Well she ain't into cars or pick up trucks, but if it runs like a Deere man her eyes light up." Yeah, mine too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, you neglected to mention "when she drinks tequila, her clothes fall off"! (heard only second hand through mom, so i may have misquoted in some way...) gotta love that country music!

Anonymous said...

Persimmons huh?? Yum, yum! Your mom is soooooooo funny! I can just picture her saying that! he he he