Friday, April 09, 2010

Easter 2010



He is risen! He is risen indeed!
Il est vivant! Il est ressucité! Qui? Jésus!

I celebrated Easter, as I have for the past 4 years in Congo (minus last year when I was with my mommy at Saint Joseph's!) at the Cathedral up the street from my work. It's the most important holiday on the liturgical calendar, so the service is replete with dancing girls, beautiful music, and an air of holy festivity.

Afterwards (and the great part is the mass is over by 9:30am!) I scurried home and made lunch for my beautiful family (as inlaws are called in French) plus my girlfriends Angi and Mikhal.

The meal was a great blend of American/Congolese. Mamy (my mom-in-law) brought fried chicken, Mikhal made cheesy mashed potatoes and green bean casserole, Angi came with dessert, and I prepared safou, rice, and deviled eggs. Espérance has deemed the eggs no longer a holiday food, but rather something I should make a couple times a month :o) I was happy that everybody seemed to like everything on the table!


2 comments:

bo betsy said...

i like "beautiful family". i'll have to start using that. :)
your deviled eggs are so pretty with the little garnish! sweet! hiller and i want to know what the "rock" looking thing is. is that a safou?
fun pics, ca! hoo hoo!

semprelibri said...

Hello! Excellent blog!
I'm from Italy and I'd like to have your flag on my flag counter. I need your help for my collection… So, please, simply visit my website about “unusual stamps” (no spam, no pop-up, no ads): http://www.eryx.it/dentelli/index.htm
Greetings and good luck!