Sunday, September 20, 2009

Surprise!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with my friend Amber and she announced to me that she already has a ticket to come to Congo for my wedding!! Woo-hoo!! What a great surprise! We've been friends since we were 6, went to school together 1st thru 12th grade, our parents still live in the same neighborhood, and we've stayed in touch over all these years. We've traveled to Hawaii together twice, to Australia, and to Disneyland. We were in Girl Scouts, band, and countless classes together. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding a couple years back. There aren't very many people I can be sure I will still be friends with in another 20 years, but Amber and I will be!

6 comments:

Boston Blogger said...

You're the BEST, Jess! We've been talking about our wedding on the same day to twin brothers, living in duplex mansions, and having twins on the same day since we were very young. I figured most of that stuff is out but I can at least be at your wedding. :-) I absolutely can't wait to be there...wish me luck with my shots tomorrow! :-)

Anonymous said...

Mom, the world's worst keeper of secrets, says: Isn't that the most awesome news????....And did she tell you she's flying with Dad? Yup. And we're all flying back together. What fun it's going to be.

bo betsy said...

oh, i am so glad you know! isn't amber the greatest? to get injured so she can get out of that marathon thingy - JUST so she could be with you on your big day!!! she's awesome, that gal...
i love the pic you posted -- hugs to the both of you!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! This has been a hard secret to keep-I'm so glad she can be there with you on your special day!!!


Nancy

Elia said...

Aww!! What great news! I wish I could be joining you too!! But, another time. Unfortunately no school break then and can't just skip out on the first real term of grad school. :( So glad Amber will be there to take wonderful pictures and relay the stories though.

Anonymous said...

Meant to be....in the eyes of a mom, Amber was meant to be there for Jessica on her wedding day as Jessica was there for Amber. Best friends for life! I am so happy for you Jess and wish I was there on your special day....I look forward to great pictures and stories and know that my heart will be with you on the biggest and best day of your life.....Paula