Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This white chick just got hip

I came home tonight with that alive feeling. Like I'm actually present in this place and a part of life here. It came over me as I was getting on a bus (that broke down 2 blocks later) on my way home from Charisma Gospel. That's right folks, this white chick has joined a really popular Congolese choir. Whoa, my life is way cooler than I am! Oh wait, it gets better...The director of the choir has another little combo group and it's really that group that he wants me to be a part of. He wants to teach me all about African music! I'm like, "Duh...OK." These groups travel and constantly get invitations to perform. So yeah, I can just see the headlines now: Random white girl tops African music charts. Yeah right, but it's seriously an amazing opportunity! Besides the music part, I'm super thankful for the chance to meet and mingle with local people who are around my age and share common interests. Thanks God! Just be in prayer for me that I'll get some rhythm and not make a total dork of myself :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Congrats! Sounds like the choir will be an interesting experience and a blast.

Missy said...

I love it Jessica! That is amazing!I'll be anxious to hear all about it!