Friday, April 28, 2006


On Easter Sunday I went to 7:30am Mass at the cathedral just up the road with my teammates Byron and Annette. Many of the protestant churches here don't celebrate Easter, so we decided visit the Catholics. The service was wonderful. I especially loved the girls in little Girl Scout type uniforms dancing in the aisles and the choir that sang from up in the balcony. Afterwards we had a delicious breakfast of fresh pastries, papaya with lemon, fried plantains, and coffee.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Why don't the protestant churches celebrate Easter? I found that in Bolivia as well...any theories?

Anonymous said...

I want to know why also!

Anonymous said...

That makes 3 curious bloggers...
I find it ironic. When I was young, people told me the Catholics focused on the cross - "the symbol of death" - & that Protestants focused on the empty grave - "the symbol of life". But, now that I've experienced Holy Week (in a wonderful evangelical Anglican church), I wonder why so few evangelical churches really make a big deal out of Easter. Anyway, I'm curious why it isn't celebrated at all there...